"http://time-2-payback.blogspot.com/" has moved to "http://letssharethoughts.wordpress.com/" If your browser does not automatically redirect you in 5 seconds, click here to go to the new site.

Nov 23, 2009

SLEEP...............................................................

It’s been more than 3 years when I first stepped into this city called Bangalore. Things were different then and things are different now. But the only thing that hasn’t changed is my attitude of delaying things. Delaying in terms of exercising, delaying in terms of saying Hi to a long lost friend, delaying in terms of buying the 32 inch LCD, delaying in lots of other small trivial but yet quite important to-do things in life.

Every Monday I think that it should have been a weekend so that I could join some course that will help me kill my free time. Every Monday I think I should be joining some gym or aerobics to reduce the extra bulging flab’s here and there. The whole week is spent with building up that runway on which my aimless life could take off. And the moment weekend arrives I get so busy with sleeping that even 24 hrs a day seems to be less. You can’t blame me. It’s the Bangalore weather. One just feels like sleeping the whole day.

I am just wondering if I am the only species who does so. Is there anyone else who shares the same feeling?

Few months back I was watching Boss’s Day Out in NDTV where they were interviewing SAP’s Managing Director Late Ranjan Das (http://www.ndtv.com/news/videos/video_player.php?id=1142559). There were two things that caught my attention.

1. He shared the same name as that of mine.
2. At 42 he was one of the most accomplished people by being the MD of SAP India.

His interview clearly showcased that he was a man who followed his time table very well. And he apart from doing justice to the position held was constantly and regularly involved in taking care of his health. For short term though but definitely he was an inspiration for me. I started jogging and targeted to be fit and healthy.
A sudden shocker came when one morning I read that he died because of a heart attack. It was hard for me to digest that. I thought him to be one of the fittest guys for his age. And he dying of a heart stroke was not an easy thing to digest. Moreover I had started jogging keeping him an inspiration. After trying to find out the real cause I found out that he died because he didn’t have proper sleep. He just slept for 4-5 hours a day. I struck gold.
I realized that sleeping is the best thing that one can do to during weekends. Benefits?

a. One doesn’t do any harm to anyone by sleeping. No fowl words. No fowl acts.
b. One can dream of anything one feels like. I leave it to your imagination. ;-)
c. One can save money by not going out in a city which is damn costly for nothing.
d. Most importantly your health.
e. By Sleeping for long I don’t go out on bike and thus at least on weekends I am not contributing in polluting the environment.

So guys let’s take the SLEEP Mantra forward and Sleep for as long as possible. Let’s Sleep sleep and SLEEP to make this world healthier and cleaner one.

Please share your comments, suggestions and views.

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful research on SLEEPING. But i want to remind something "Sleeping is a important part of life, It's not the Heart of Life." So apart from sleeping we can enjoy some little moments in life with our friends n family members. So ENJOY THE LIFE. Who knows, "KAL HO NA HO"....

    ReplyDelete