All KV No.2 SVN Vishakhapatnam Alumni
Let me give a short introduction. I am an alumnus of this school and had passed out in 2001. I was in the Science stream and currently I am working for Oracle India Pvt. Ltd.
For quite some time I was thinking to pay back to the school in whatever little way possible. And the reason for me to publish my opinion is the same. I am taking this initiative and have couple of ideas which I feel would be nice to start with.
- For students in class 9th and class 11th :
Motive?: I had joined the school in 9th standard and to be true that was the turning point for whatever little I have achieved today. I believe this is the right time when one can be molded to achieve greater heights. Moreover I have seen that the average students in school have done really well going forward in their careers.
Why? : I believe that the students who are doing well and who are the toppers have their own way to motivate themselves to do better. The idea here is to target the average students to achieve higher and better results. For example to bring in a student from the 65 % marks to 85 % marks level.
How? : Needless to say this requires consistent efforts from the students and the teachers as well. To start with I am ready to contribute Rs. 5000 for a student of class 10th and a student of class 12th each after their board results are out. These two students would be judged based upon their rise in performances from class 9th and class 11th to class 10th and class 12th respectively.
Who? : The selected students will be decided by the school principal and the panel of three teachers (Maths, Science, and Literature) who has to agree upon that common student from class 10th and class 12th.
- Motivation :
Motive? : To bring in the alumnus who have their experiences to share to motivate the young budding students.
Why? : During school days students generally look out for people who are settled outside the teaching world for their motivation. They fail to understand the role that the teachers play knowingly or unknowingly that leave an everlasting memory in their lives.
How? : I will try to reach out to the alumnus so that whenever they are in the city they can be there in the school to give some sort of a motivational guidance to the students. This will be done by coordinating with the principal and the alumnus in a way such that the normal schooling hours are not disturbed and in a way that the student’s studies are not hampered.
Who? : The alumni
At this juncture I just have these ideas to start with. Hope that you will be kind enough to put across your thoughts and ideas to me so that we can take this forward. I believe that if I get support from you I alone can drive it forward.
I hope to hear from you with your inputs. A quicker response means I can start working towards it really fast.
All the suggestions are welcome.
Please share your comments, suggestions and views.
An excellent idea.If successfully implemented,it would go a long way in inspiring average and above average students of KV II to put in their best foot forward to improve their academic standard.It would also set up a healthy and positive competition to achieve the best and assist in shaping their career.Hope,like minded students of KV II XII class 2001 batch coming forward and joining hands to make this dream a success. All the best.
ReplyDelete